Attendees: Carrie Zinck, Anette Carlisle, Kenneth Jackson
Palace Coffee, 12:00 – 1:20 PM
- Discussed the progress/Swift understanding so far based on class content.
- Discussed appropriate ways to submit feedback to AC leadership to improve the program.
- Set next meeting for 2019-02-22, 12:00 pm, Palace Coffee. (Skipping 2/15 due to expected absentee rate.)
Items discussed today
- Kenneth brought several items from AdaFruit and discussed the possibilities for each of them for the agriculture industry as well as education.
- Carrie gave brief feedback on her experience with the Girls Who Code program.
- Anette mentioned a need for an app for travel expense tracking and the pitfalls of the app she has been using. Kenneth mentioned that being able to pull in photos of receipts and use the data automatically would be especially helpful.
- Anette mentioned a Udemy course for Swift programming to help fill in gaps in understanding.
- Kenneth discussed Swift version 5. He notes that it will be radically different, resulting in thinner/smaller results by approximately 1/3.
Topics to discuss in a future meeting/online:
- Getters and setters (actions based on variable state changes)
- Sprite Kit, Game Kit